Dairy’s Journey From Farm to Store
Purpose: Illustrate the rigorous testing the dairy industry employs along milk’s journey from the cow to the grocery store to ensure only safe, wholesome products reach the American consumer.
Audience: Intended for high school and college students studying agriculture, food regulation and/or food safety.
Time Required: 30 minutes
- Lesson Plan Outline
- PowerPoint: Curriculum Overview
- Video: “From Farm to Store,” featuring Dr. Lloyd Metzger, PhD, professor, South Dakota State University (Runtime: 4:30 minutes)
- Study Aid: Milk’s Efficient Journey From Farm to Store (Flow Diagram)
- Study Aid: Critical Steps to Quality Milk (Fact Sheet)
- Activity: Multiple-Choice Quiz