Manager, Corporate Communications – Digital
Midwest Dairy™ is seeking a full-time Manager, Corporate Communications – Digital. The position is responsible for developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating Corporate Communications programs and digital/social strategies with audiences of dairy farmers, boards, employees, and the peer organizations within the agricultural industry. This position contributes to the Crisis and Issues Team, delivers employee information resources, and provides support to the general communication needs of Midwest Dairy.
Midwest Dairy™ represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life by Giving Consumers and Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com.
Competitive wages and benefits are offered. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form below by Monday, June 11th.
Key Result Areas
A. Lead, plan and implement digital and social marketing strategy of the Corporate Communications farmer relations’ plan to build awareness and grow support for dairy checkoff. – 35%
- Develop creative digital and online solutions to effectively communicate with dairy farmers and board members about programming, initiatives, and results.
- Develop and execute Midwest Dairy’s digital and social media plan in alignment with the corporate communications plan.
- Manage, develop, evaluate and post engaging content/graphics on Midwest Dairy’s social media channels.
- Participate in Corporate Communications editorial calendar planning process to coordinate digital and social content.
- Collaborate with strategy teams and marketing communications staff to identify and create social media content regarding checkoff,
- Provide direction to staff about social amplification, as appropriate.
- Monitor dairy farmer and staff engagement in the DMI Hub and provide best practice sharing on maximizing resources.
- Develop and conduct social media training to dairy farmer leaders and staff to provide social media assistance and resources.
- Analyze and evaluate social and digital analytics to ensure strategic execution.
- Monitor social media trends and conversation proactively
- Assist with response in dairy-related issues and to overall crisis preparedness efforts.
B. Lead oversight, re-design and content development of MidwestDairy.com to align content to Corporate Communications targeted audiences. – 35%
- Lead reformatting of Midwest Dairy’s website structure.
- Develop and execute content creation plan for the organization’s website.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications team to ensure checkoff value-related website content is up-to-date.
- Consult and collaborate with strategy groups and BU staff to generate website content showcasing checkoff value and strategic plan successes.
- Analyze and evaluate digital analytics to ensure strategic content development.
C. Provide expertise and guidance for implementing best practices across the organization and ensuring effectiveness of digital and online communication. – 15%
- Lead the production of videos, podcasts, photography and other online tools to support corporate communications plan. Consult with strategy groups and BU teams on the creation of digital content.
- Provide editorial review of online content developed by corporate communications or other Midwest Dairy staff to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Monitor/assist and ensure proper use of Midwest Dairy’s brand guidelines.
- Manage and counsel others about Midwest Dairy’s social marketing plan and serve as lead resource.
- Serve on Midwest Dairy’s Issues and Crisis Management team. Assist with monitoring and response in dairy-related issues and to overall crisis preparedness efforts.
- Participate in appropriate S/R Communicators meetings where digital strategy is shared.
- Develop budgets for digital communications projects and manage project expenses to meet budget expectations. Manage consultants and vendors to execute corporate communication projects.
D. Lead the use of digital tools to support employee relations plan and enhance understanding of the strategic plan and progress toward goals. – 15%
- Collaborate with other departments to plan and deliver online content that provides best practice sharing, employee recognition and celebrations, key organizational updates, and training resources etc.
- Serve as a key ambassador for the vision of Bringing Dairy to Life! in the workplace and help other employees become ambassadors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or other related field.
- 4 to 6 years of experience public relations, journalism or related communication field with demonstrated proficiency in digital communications; or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge.
- Experience working with design and video software, such as Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.
- Experience using social media on behalf of an organization with business to business audiences.
- Ability to successfully work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Ability to accomplish projects in a timely manner and within budget.
- Capacity to effectively manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong conceptual and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to respectfully provide thoughtful counsel and constructive feedback to others regardless of seniority or status.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with agricultural and/or consumer-oriented media.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills to create and deliver informative, concise and influential communications.
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, and professional skills.
- Proficiency in contemporary document, graphic, presentation, online, and network-based communication tools and data systems.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize personal computers and related software for word processing, contact management and online communications systems.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with social and digital media to deliver selected messages to key audiences.
- Knowledge of online communications and social media principles and vehicles.
- Knowledge of time management principles.
- Knowledge of basic communications principles to ensure communications efforts are effective.
- Knowledge of the history, mission and goals of the organization so that communications efforts will be relevant.
- Knowledge of Association Press (AP) writing style.
- Skill of organizing and directing a work effort of others without direct authority or reporting lines, and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive working relationships with external and internal customers.
- Skill in writing for media, online channels and personal communication
- Skill in developing and delivering presentations using various software and resources
- Skill in operating video, audio and power point presentation equipment to conduct meetings.
- Skill in providing strategic direction or contact management/database systems and working within resulting applications.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that they are understandable and credible.
- Ability to organize and complete duties independently in order to meet goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to identify markets, opportunities, and resources to communicate them internally and externally
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain discipline needed to work in a home office setting.
- Ability to travel with flexible hours to respond to organizational needs.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and finger, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop and kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office/home office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
The office/home office environment must be flexible to receive telephone, fax and Internet signals dependably, as well as receive mail and package delivery.
The office/home office must be capable of receiving, storing and organizing large volumes of work materials.