Manager, Demand/Business Development
Midwest Dairy™ is seeking a full-time Manager for the Demand/Business Development area of expertise. This position is responsible for building retail relationships with partners who are part of the dairy supply chain. The focus of the partners is to advance consumer demand for dairy in the Business Unit South which includes Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas, eastern Oklahoma and southern Illinois. Work activities include working with and through partners and sharing dairy farmer’s farm to fork/glass story with consumers.
Midwest Dairy™ represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com. Follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook at Midwest Dairy.
Competitive wages and benefits are offered. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or through the form below by Monday, August 6th.
Key Results Areas
A. Lead, plan and implement strategic plan priorities identified in business plan using expertise in dairy supply chain partners and channels of distribution. Evaluate results and offer input to strategies. – 50%
- Collaborate with Business Unit members to develop and implement programs to achieve priorities.
- Evaluate the sustainability of projects that optimize dairy experience and product availability.
- Collaborate with the Midwest Dairy Strategic Leadership Team to evaluate results and offer input on strategies.
- Collaborate within an interdisciplinary team to develop and execute project plans.
B. Establish and manage relationships with identified key accounts to drive engagement in priority areas that increase demand for dairy. – 20%
- Develop positive relationships, seek opportunities to influence, and provide resources with thought leaders to share dairy consumer insights.
- Increase dairy advocates by leveraging and creating deeper relationships with partner organizations.
- Customize and share information with thought leaders and partner organizations to build dairy sales and trust.
- Understand consumer issues and trends; act to distribute resources as needed.
- Monitor trends and social media conversation proactively; assist with response for dairy-related issues and participate in crisis preparedness efforts.
C. Collaborate with Business Unit staff and strategic leadership to identify effective dairy supply chain demand partner engagement. – 20%
- Collaborate, advise and support Business Unit staff working with other key dairy stakeholders and partners to position Midwest Dairy as the dairy industry consultant and expert, and to build and leverage win-win partnerships.
- Contribute information, develop presentations, attend and present at identified Midwest Dairy board, staff, industry meetings, events and farm tours as requested.
D. Participate in Business Unit planning, evaluation and budget processes. – 10%
- Assist in the development of the Business Unit budget.
- Develop, manage and monitor assigned budgets to assure effective use of financial resources.
- Collaborate with staff to identify meaningful and effective ways to enhance demand efforts.
- Contribute to team philosophy and team-driven communications programs for Midwest Dairy.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business or marketing and at least four to six years of progressive experience in the retail food industry or business development.
Preferred location is the St. Louis metro area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge or ability to learn business and marketing strategy development and implementation.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the food industry, and food distribution system and processes.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and techniques; ability to identify market and resources and communicate product advantages.
- Knowledge of public relations, various media alternatives and promotional techniques to effectively convey intended messages to targeted audiences.
- Knowledge of core business development principles.
- Knowledge and familiarity in how business operations work and ability to understand, analyze and develop communication/business strategies.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills to develop relationships with partners.
- Skill of organizing and directing a work effort without direct authority or reporting lines, and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget; ability to manage the efforts of outside vendors.
- Skill of problem solving by determining and evaluating alternatives that would correct a situation.
- Skill of project management, delivering against objectives, budget and time while effectively managing resources.
- Ability to build relationships with potential and existing partners.
- Ability to think creatively and generate unique ideas/concepts from one’s own thought, imagination or experiences.
- Ability to make decisions by selecting a course of action while considering appropriate variables.
- Ability to collaborate with others to arrive at a conclusion utilizing compromise, persuasion, rationale, and diplomacy.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally and in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that they understand and accept the ideas/information as credible.
- Ability to travel with an occasional overnight stay.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze data and utilize the data to understand driving forces in markets.
- Ability to organize and complete duties independently to meet goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and finger, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop and kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in a home office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.