Dairy 3 for Me
Why 3 Servings of Dairy Every Day?
The average person’s daily dairy intake in the U.S. falls below the 2015 Dietary Guidelines for Americans recommendation. Skip the total diet overhaul or the latest fad, and keep it simple in 2017 by focusing on small but powerful changes to help you clean up your diet.
Did you know that the dairy products you’ve always loved are packed with nutrition? By participating in the Dairy 3 for Me pledge, you are committing to getting the three recommended servings of dairy by enjoying some of your favorite dairy items like milk, cheese and yogurt every day!
Take the Dairy 3 for Me Pledge
I pledge Dairy 3 for Me because I am committed to getting the recommended three daily servings of dairy to maintain a well-balanced and healthy diet. By pledging, I promise to enjoy three servings of my favorite dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt every day.
What makes milk the clear choice?
- Not only is dairy the original clean food, but it’s also local. Transit time from farm to store is only about 48 hours, whereas alternatives may take up to two weeks to make the journey.
- Milk has only three ingredients, whereas milk alternatives contain 10 or more added ingredients.
- While milk provides nine essential nutrients, including calcium, potassium, phosphorus, protein, vitamins A, D, and B-12, riboflavin and niacin, milk alternatives have fewer nutrients in variable amounts, depending on the type you choose.
- Milk is affordable nutrition. On average, an 8-ounce glass chock-full of nine essential nutrients costs only about 25 cents.
Here are three featured recipes that can help you meet your 3 daily servings goal:
Delicious tips to get your Dairy 3 for Me
- Substitute syrup on pancakes and waffles with flavored yogurt
- Prepare soups and hot cereals with milk instead of water
- Blend your favorite yogurt and fruits into a smoothie
- Use plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream or mayonnaise
- Make milk your mealtime beverage
- Top sandwiches and salads with your favorite cheese
- Liven up weekday meals with a dairy-inspired bar. Ideas:
- Grilled cheese bar: Provide several types of bread, cheese, deli meat, and sliced vegetables
- Build your own parfait: include a variety of yogurts, fruit, nuts and cereals
- Individual pizzas: Use pitas or tortillas, tomato sauce, various toppings and cheese
- Recover from a tough workout with a tall glass of chocolate milk
Keep the moo-mentum going! Check back for more featured recipes and tips to help you get your Dairy 3 for Me.
Have fun with Dairy 3 for Me
Access our online toolkit full of creative resources designed to help you encourage others to pledge Dairy 3 for Me, including a How-To Guide and a Selfie Station Guide complete with downloadable props.