The whole family will love this classic Italian ziti recipe mixed with Parmesan, ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
- 8 ounces ziti, uncooked
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, low sodium
- 1 ½ teapoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup grated zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella divided
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes and Italian seasoning. In another bowl, mix together zucchini, ricotta, ½ cup mozzarella, ½ cup Parmesan and egg. Season with salt and pepper.
Coat a 2-quart casserole with cooking spray and spread half of tomato sauce on bottom. Top with ziti, ricotta mixture and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup mozzarella and 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Bake until top is brown and sauce is bubbling, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
- Calories 334
- Total Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 67mg
- Sodium 391mg
- Carbohydrates 42g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Protein 21g
- Calcium 41% Daily Value