Dip and dunk with this tasty low-fat layered taco dip.
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (16-ounce) can spicy fat-free refried beans
- ⅓ cup chunky medium salsa
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain fat-free or low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- ⅓ cup sliced green onion, including tops
- 2 tablespoons chopped black olives
Stir chili power into beans and spread evenly into a round pie dish. Spread yogurt over the bean dip, then the salsa over the yogurt, leaving a narrow border around each layer’s edge. Scatter lettuce over the mixture. Sprinkle Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese over lettuce. Top with tomato, green onion and olives.
Serve it with baked tortilla chips or an assortment of sliced vegetables, such as carrots and celery.
Substitute Mexican blend cheese for Mozzarella and Cheddar if desired.
Nutritional Facts Per Serving
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 330mg
- Carbohydrates 13g
- Dietary Fiber 2g
- Protein 7g (3.8g from dairy)
- Calcium 15% Daily Value