Vice President of Dairy Experience
Midwest Dairy represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life by Giving Consumers and Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma.
Midwest Dairy is seeking candidates for a full-time Vice President of Dairy Experience focusing on the retail area. This position is responsible for leading the strategy for the demand platform of the Dairy Experience area of emphasis. It includes strategic planning and development, coordination and evaluation as well as budget oversight. Collaborates and provides counsel, strategy and support with internal and external stakeholders.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business and a minimum of 10 years work experience with marketing, food industry or entrepreneurial ventures. Success in identifying consumer needs, through qualitative and quantitative research, that lead to business opportunities. Experience in external partner relationship management, required.
Competitive wages and benefits are offered. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com or through the form below by Monday, June 18th.
Key Results Areas
|A.||Lead strategy development, recommend evaluation methods and adjust/modify strategies for the demand component of the Dairy Experience area of emphasis.||45%|
|B.||Establish and manage relationships with key accounts, partner organizations and other identified stakeholders and thought leaders to work with and through partners to reach consumers.||25%|
|C.||Monitor, evaluate, and incorporate DMI Unified Business Marketing Plan strategies for dairy supply chain partners into Dairy Experience priorities.||15%|
|D.||Participate in annual strategic planning, evaluations and budgeting processes.||15%|
* = Essential Functions are defined as those functions that an individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Functions may be considered essential if:
- the position exists for performance of the function
- a limited number of employees can perform the function, and it, therefore cannot be reassigned; or
- the function is specialized and requires certain expertise to perform it.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business and a minimum of 10 years work experience with marketing, food industry or entrepreneurial ventures. Success in identifying consumer needs, through qualitative and quantitative research, that lead to business opportunities. Experience in external partner relationship management required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General business processes and acumen to include financial and budget management; result evaluation, (i.e. ROI); and category management principles.
- Knowledge of the food industry and food distribution systems.
- General knowledge of the dairy industry, for application in relationships with industry; helpful, but not required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize personal computers and related software; required.
- Skill of organizing and directing a work effort of others without direct authority or reporting lines and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
- Skill to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships with external and internal customer
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that they are understandable and credible.
- Ability to organize and complete duties independently to meet goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to identify markets, opportunities and resources and communicate them.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to travel 33%.
- Ability to think creatively and generate unique ideas/concepts from one’s own thought, or experiences.
- Ability to make decisions by selecting a course of action in situations that may have ambiguity by considering appropriate variables.
- Ability to identify and establish project budgets by projecting needs and estimating expenses; ability to take corrective action when results differ significantly from plan.
- Ability to develop marketing plans, including helping develop a business proposition, market sizing and product benchmarketing, and developing new product launch plans and successful metrics.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop and kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.