Wellness Manager – Chicago
Midwest Dairy™ represents 7,000 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com. Follow us on Twitter and find us on Facebook at Midwest Dairy.
Midwest Dairy is seeking candidates for a full-time Manager in the Wellness profession located in Chicago, Illinois. This position is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating Midwest Dairy’s strategic plan priorities with expertise in Wellness to advance consumer demand for dairy. This includes working with and through partners and sharing dairy’s farm-to-table story with consumers by developing, executing and evaluating Wellness strategies and channels.
A Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or education and a minimum of at least 5 years of work experience in related fields with health promotion, nutrition, communications or public relations in the food, agriculture or related industry. Dietitians must be registered and where required, licensed. Experienced in external partner relationship preferred along with candidate located in the city of Chicago.
Competitive wages and benefits are offered. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the form below by Monday, June 4, 2018.
Key Result Areas
|A.||Lead, plan and implement Midwest Dairy strategic plan priorities of Dairy Experience and DMI Unified Business Plan (UBP) using expertise in wellness. Evaluate results and offer input on strategies.||45%|
|B.||Establish and manage relationships with identified key accounts to drive engagement in priority areas to increase demand for dairy.||20%|
|C.||Collaborate with Regional Business Unit staff and strategic leadership to identify effective wellness integration opportunities.||20%|
|D.||Participate in planning, evaluation and budget process of the Regional Business Unit.||15%|
* = Essential Functions are defined as those functions that an individual who holds or desires the position must be able to perform unaided or with reasonable accommodation. Functions may be considered essential if:
- The position exists for performance of the function
- A limited number of employees can perform the function, and it, therefore cannot be reassigned; or
- The function is specialized and requires certain expertise to perform it.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition, or education and a minimum of at least 5 years of work experience in related fields with health promotion, nutrition, communications or public relations in the food, agriculture, or related industry.
- Dietitians must be registered and where required, licensed.
- Experience in external partner relationship management preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- General business processes and acumen to include financial and budget management; result evaluation (i.e. ROI); and marketing principles.
- Knowledge of nutrition principles and guidelines established by government entities.
- General knowledge of the dairy industry, for application in relationships with industry; helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize personal computers and related software; required.
- Skill of organizing and directing the work effort of others without direct authority or reporting lines, and accomplishing a goal on time and within budget.
- Skill to work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Skill of developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally and in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that they understand and accept the ideas/information as credible.
- The ability to organize and complete duties independently to meet goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to identify markets, opportunities and resources and communicate them.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with a team of individuals.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to travel with an occasional overnight.
- Ability to think creatively and generate unique ideas/concepts from one’s own thought, imagination or experiences.
- Ability to make decisions by selecting a course of action while considering appropriate variables.
- Ability to identify and establish program budgets for a given period of time by projecting needs and estimating expenses; ability to take corrective action when results differ significantly from plan.
- Ability to take corrective action when results differ from the plan.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and finger, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop and kneel. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in a home office environment. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.