How it Works
- Up to two Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Kansas dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 1, 2020 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 8, 2021.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an Kansas post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
Please contact Ambassador Coordinator Shelly Solis for more information or comments.Contact Us
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting, TBD
Dairy Experience Forum, Summer 2021
Junior All Breeds Dairy Show, August 2021
Kansas State Fair, September 2021