How it Works
- Up to five Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Nebraska dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 9, 2020 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 8, 2021.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in a Nebraska post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
4-H Ag Literacy Festivals, Various
Nebraska State Dairy Association Annual Convention
Moo at the Zoo
Nebraska State Fair
Husker Food Connection
Television and Radio Interviews, As Needed