How It Works
- Number Selected – Up to FOUR Junior Dairy Ambassadors
- Junior Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Nebraska dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2022 through November 30, 2022.
- Participants may apply for consecutive years.
- Junior Dairy Ambassadors will be focusing on localized events/opportunities. Participating in local events, Junior Dairy Ambassadors will receive $25 per diem each day for local events. Junior Dairy Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day if they are participating in state-wide events.
- Upon successful completion of the one-year program, Junior Dairy Ambassadors are eligible to apply for a $500 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by
December 1, 2021EXTENDED to December 15 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 10, 2022.
- JUNIOR DAIRY AMBASSADORS – Enrolled in a Nebraska High School as a Junior (11th grade) or Senior (12th grade) during the current year of application.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have the resources to be able to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as able. NOTE: The more an Ambassador participates, the more that will benefit from the experience.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be specific requests for Ambassadors to be present and participate and responses are to be completed in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, Ambassador coach, Midwest Dairy staff, college-level ambassadors and fellow junior dairy ambassadors.
- CHAPERONE: The use/need of an adult chaperone at events will be decided cooperatively by the Dairy Junior Ambassador, his/her parents, and the program coordinator.
- Training and orientation will be provided in a hybrid model – training with only Junior Dairy Ambassadors, training with the (college-level) Dairy Ambassadors and training lead by the (college-level) Ambassadors.
Please contact Dawn Eckel, Nebraska Dairy Ambassador Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or comments.Contact Us
DAIRY AMBASSADOR PROGRAM EVENTS
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors may be participating in.
Nebraska State Dairy Association Annual Convention, February 22, 2022 (tentative)
Nebraska Dairy Ambassador Orientation, TBA 2022
National Dairy Month Activations, June 2022
Nebraska State Fair, August 26 – September 5, 2022
Undeniably Dairy Grant Support, Throughout 2022
Nebraska Extension Ag Literacy Festivals, Spring & Fall 2022
Opportunities with partnering organizations
Social Media Posts, Throughout 2022
Television and Radio Interviews, Throughout 2022
Leadership development opportunities