Couscous with Tomatoes, Sautéed Spinach and Two Cheeses
A flavorful side dish with spinach, tomatoes, onions and two cheeses is sure to please!
- 3 1/2 cups packaged couscous, any flavor
- 1 cup (8 ounces) canned Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion rings
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 10 cups fresh spinach (10 ounces)
- 1 tbsp water
- 11/2 cups shredded light Cheddar cheese
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil to garnish
Prepare couscous according to package directions. Heat tomatoes in small saucepan or microwave.In large skillet, combine onions, garlic and oil; stir over medium heat until onions are heated and fragrant. Add spinach and water; stir until spinach is wilted and tender but still bright green, about 2 minutes. On large platter, layer couscous, spinach and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Cheddar and Parmesan cheese and garnish with basil.