Baked French Toast with Maple Yogurt and Fruit
This thick and delicious cinnamon French toast drizzled with a warm maple syrup and yogurt mix makes for a satisfying breakfast.
- 6 slices bread or Texas Toast 1-inch thick
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free dry milk powder
- 1¼ cups low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange bread in a greased 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg and egg whites.
In another small bowl, dissolve dry milk powder into milk. Mix thoroughly to make sure no lumps remain. Add milk mixture, vanilla and cinnamon to eggs; whisk well. Pour mixture slowly over bread. Bake for 25 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
While bread is baking, mix yogurt and syrup in a small bowl. Spoon yogurt mixture over individual servings of baked French toast. Top with fresh berries.