Baked French Toast with Maple Yogurt and Fruit
This thick and delicious cinnamon French toast drizzled with a warm maple syrup and yogurt mix makes for a satisfying breakfast.
- 6 slices bread or Texas Toast 1-inch thick
- 4 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free dry milk powder
- 1¼ cups low-fat milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and/or blackberries)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange bread in a greased 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg and egg whites.
- In another small bowl, dissolve dry milk powder into milk. Mix thoroughly to make sure no lumps remain. Add milk mixture, vanilla and cinnamon to eggs; whisk well. Pour mixture slowly over bread. Bake for 25 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
- While bread is baking, mix yogurt and syrup in a small bowl. Spoon yogurt mixture over individual servings of baked French toast. Top with fresh berries.