SAINT PAUL, Minn. – Charles Krause from Buffalo, Minnesota, was newly elected as chair of Midwest Dairy during the organization’s annual meeting in Des Moines, Iowa, this week.
Elections for the Corporate board officer team were also held. Dan Hotvedt, Decorah, Iowa, was newly elected as first vice chair; Bill Deutsch, Sycamore, Illinois, was newly elected as second vice chair; Rita Young, Plainview, Minnesota, was re-elected as secretary and Matt Schelling, Orange City, Iowa, was newly elected as treasurer.
New members elected by their divisions to the Midwest Dairy Corporate board include:
- Anthony Anderson – Minnesota
- Eric Hoese – Minnesota
- Tom Walsh – South Dakota
2023 division board officers and new division board members are as follows:
- Chair – Bill Deutsch, Sycamore
- Vice chair – Brent Mueller, Garden Prairie
- Secretary – Amy Hildebrandt, South Beloit
- Treasurer – Glen Meier, Ridott
- Chair – Dan Hotvedt, Decorah
- Vice chair – Lee Maassen, Maurice
- Secretary – Jonna Schutte, Monona
- Treasurer – Pam Bolin, Clarksville
- Josie Rozum, Ely, and Matt Simon, Blairstown, were seated as new members of the Iowa Division board.
- Chair – Kristine Spadgenske, Menahga
- Vice chair – Kate McAndrews, Sauk Centre
- Secretary – Mindi Arendt, Mazeppa
- Treasurer – Rita Young, Plainview
- Megan Schrupp, Eden Valley, and Rita Vander Kooi, Worthington, were seated as new ex-officio members of the Minnesota Division board.
- Chair – Byron Lehman, Newton, Kansas
- Vice chair – Steve Ohlde, Linn Kansas
- Secretary – Donna Telle, Uniontown, Missouri
- Treasurer – Curtis Steenbock, Longford, Kansas
- Michael Hemme, Concordia, was seated as a new member of the Mo-Kan Division board.
- Chair – Mary Temme, Wayne
- Vice chair – Joyce Racicky, Mason City
- Secretary/Treasurer – Jodi Cast, Beaver Crossing
North Dakota Division
- Chair – Sue Kleingartner, Gackle
- Vice chair – Terry Entzminger, Jamestown
- Secretary – Kim Ledger, Bismarck
- Treasurer – Lilah Krebs, Gladstone
- Chair – Nathan Roth, Mountain Grove, Missouri
- Vice chair – Marilyn Calvin, Mt. Vernon, Missouri
- Secretary – Carrie Rantz, Spokane, Missouri
- Treasurer – Mark Fellwock, Monett, Missouri
- Bill Haak, Gentry, was seated as a new member of the Ozark Division board.
South Dakota Division
- Chair – Marv Post, Volga
- Vice chair – Kevin Van Winkle, Canistota
- Secretary – Maartje Lemstra, Humboldt
- Treasurer – Jogchum Andrenga, Brandt
- Maartje Lemstra, Humboldt, and Tom Walsh, DeGraff, were seated as new members of the South Dakota Division board.
Midwest Dairy® represents 4,400 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com, and follow us on Facebook and YouTube.