SAINT PAUL, Minn. – Allen Merrill from Parker, South Dakota, was re-elected as chair of Midwest Dairy during the organization’s annual meeting held this week in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Elections for the Corporate board officer team also were held. Charles Krause, Buffalo, Minnesota, was re-elected as first vice chair; Dan Hotvedt, Decorah, Iowa, was re-elected as second vice chair; Rita Young, Plainview, Minnesota, was newly elected as secretary and Barb Liebenstein, Dundas, Minnesota, was re-elected as treasurer.
New members elected by their divisions to the Midwest Dairy Corporate board include:
- Jonna Schutte – Iowa
- Shirley Hulinsky – Minnesota
- Joyce Racicky – Nebraska
- Lilah Krebs – North Dakota
- Marv Post – South Dakota
Newly elected division board officers and new division board members are as follows:
- Chair – Bill Deutsch, Sycamore
- Vice chair – Brent Mueller, Garden Prairie
- Secretary – Amy Hildebrandt, South Beloit
- Treasurer – Glen Meier, Ridott
- Toby Probst, Wheeler, was seated as a new member of the Illinois Division board.
- Chair – Dan Hotvedt, Decorah
- Vice chair – Lee Maassen, Maurice
- Secretary – Jonna Schutte, Monona
- Treasurer – Larry Shover, Delhi
- Dennis Mashek, Calmar, was seated as a new member of the Iowa Division board.
- Chair – Kristine Spadgenske, Menahga
- Vice chair – Kate McAndrews, Sauk Centre
- Secretary – Rita Young, Plainview
- Treasurer – Suzanne Vold, Glenwood
- Anthony Anderson, Henning and Megan Hill, Paynesville, were seated as new members of the Minnesota Division board.
The Minnesota Dairy Promotion Council, a Minnesota quasi-governmental checkoff entity consisting of board members that become members of the Minnesota Division, elected the following officers:
- Chair – Margaret Johnson, Fountain
- Vice chair – Mindi Arendt, Mazeppa
- Secretary – Sarah Kuechle, Eden Valley
- Treasurer – Rita Young, Plainview
- Executive member-at-large – Megan Herberg, Saint Peter
- Chair – Byron Lehman, Newton, Kansas
- Vice chair – Steve Ohlde, Linn Kansas
- Secretary – Donna Telle, Uniontown, Missouri
- Treasurer – Curtis Steenbock, Longford, Kansas
- Chair – Mary Temme, Wayne
- Vice chair – Joyce Racicky, Mason City
- Secretary/Treasurer – Jodi Cast, Beaver Crossing
- Larry Schuster, Pickrell, was seated as a new member of the Nebraska Division board.
North Dakota Division
- Chair – Sue Kleingartner, Gackle
- Vice chair – Terry Entzminger, Jamestown
- Secretary – Kim Ledger, Bismarck
- Treasurer – Lilah Krebs, Gladstone
- Piet van Bedaf, Carrington, was seated as a new member of the North Dakota Division board.
- Chair – Nathan Roth, Mountain Grove, Missouri
- Vice chair – Marilyn Calvin, Mt. Vernon, Missouri
- Secretary – Carrie Rantz, Spokane, Missouri
- Treasurer – Mark Fellwock, Monett, Missouri
South Dakota Division
- Chair – Jim Neugebauer, Dimock
- Vice chair – Annelies Seffrood, Summit
- Secretary – Dan Thyen, Waverly
- Treasurer – Jogchum Andrenga, Brandt
- Kevin Van Winkle, Canistota and Cole Hoyer, Bruce, were seated as new members of the South Dakota Division board.