How it Works
- Up to two Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing North Dakota dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 1, 2020 through the online form below.
- Selected applicants will be invited to interview.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in a North Dakota post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
North Dakota State Fair and Dairy Show
Big Iron Farm Show
Midwest Dairy Division Meeting
Ag in the Classroom
North Dakota Winter Show
Dairy Farm Open Houses
Red River Valley Fairy
Ag Day at Red River Valley Zoo