Five college students to serve as dairy industry advocates
COLUMBUS, Nebraska – In another move toward shaping future dairy champions, Midwest Dairy announces the 2021 class of Nebraska Dairy Ambassadors. This group of five students will promote the dairy community and support Midwest Dairy’s mission to give consumers an excellent dairy experience at a variety of activities throughout the year.
Midwest Dairy’s Dairy Ambassador Program is an educational and leadership opportunity for students who are passionate about dairy, are enrolled in post-secondary school, and possess strong communication abilities.
These five students will represent the Nebraska dairy industry in a variety of activities, including interacting with consumers at county and state fairs, youth educational presentations, and attendance at dairy industry meetings. Because this year’s opportunities may vary due to current restrictions, this ambassador group is creatively working on social media opportunities.
This year’s Nebraska Dairy Ambassadors include:
- Abigail Langdon, from Clarkson, Nebraska, is a sophomore agribusiness major with a banking and finance option at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln. This year marks Abigail’s second year as an ambassador.
- Whitney Hochstein, from Wynot, Nebraska, is a freshman graphic design and entrepreneurship major with a minor in foods and nutrition at Wayne State College
- Faith Junck, from Carroll, Nebraska, is a freshman agricultural and environmental science communications major at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
- Claudia Leubner, from Marietta, New York, is a freshman at the University of Nebraska – Lincoln majoring in agribusiness.
- Jordan Wilburis, from Kenesaw, Nebraska, is a senior agriculture education major with a leadership option at University of Nebraska – Lincoln.
Dairy Ambassadors spend a year representing Nebraska dairy farmers. At the end of their year, they are eligible to apply for up to $1,000 scholarship provided by Midwest Dairy.
The Nebraska Dairy Ambassador program began in 2016 at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln with four ambassadors. Since its inception, 27 Nebraska college students have completed the yearlong program which is open to any college student in Nebraska. In 2018, this program began partnering with Midwest Dairy. This program is now offered in several Midwestern states including South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Illinois.
For more information on the Nebraska Dairy Ambassador program, visit midwestdairy.com.