ST. PAUL, Minn. – Allen Merrill, a dairy farmer from Parker, South Dakota, was re-elected chairman of Midwest Dairy during the organization’s annual meeting held in conjunction with the Western Dairy Forum in Phoenix, Arizona.
Elections for the Corporate board officer team also were held. Charles Krause, Buffalo, Minnesota, was re-elected first vice chairman; Dan Hotvedt, Decorah, Iowa, was re-elected second vice chairman; Lowell Mueller, Hooper, Nebraska, was re-elected secretary and Barb Liebenstein, Dundas, Minnesota, was re-elected treasurer.
New members elected by their Divisions to the Midwest Dairy Corporate board include:
- Sheri Atteberry, Conway, Missouri;
- Kelly Cunningham, Atlantic, Iowa;
- Margaret Johnson, Fountain, Minnesota;
- Brent Mueller, Garden Prairie, Illinois; and
- Joyce Racicky, Mason City, Nebraska.
Division board officers and new members are as follows:
- Chairman – Bill Deutsch, Sycamore;
- Vice Chairman – David Jarden, Staunton;
- Secretary – Amy Hildebrandt, South Beloit; and
- Treasurer – Glen Meier, Ridott.
- Chairman – Dan Hotvedt, Decorah;
- Vice Chairman – Bruce Brockshus, Ocheyedan;
- Secretary – Jonna Schutte, Monona; and
- Treasurer – Larry Shover, Delhi.
- Patrick Jones, Spencer, was seated as a new member of the Iowa Division board.
- Chairwoman – Barb Liebenstein, Dundas;
- Vice Chairman – Charles Krause, Buffalo;
- Secretary – Rita Young, Plainview; and
- Treasurer – Suzanne Vold, Glenwood.
- Megan Herberg, St. Peter; Kate McAndrews, Sauk Centre; and Eric Sonnek, Foreston, were seated as new members of the Minnesota Division board.
The Minnesota Dairy Promotion Council, a quasi-governmental group with the same board members, elected the following:
- Chairwoman – Kathy Skiba, North Branch;
- Vice Chairwoman – Chris Sukalski, Leroy;
- Secretary – Kristine Spadgenske, Menahga;
- Treasurer – Karen Kasper, Owatonna; and
- Executive member at-large – Margaret Johnson, Fountain.
- Chairman – Byron Lehman, Newton, Kansas;
- Vice Chairman – Alex Peterson, Trenton, Missouri;
- Secretary – Donna Telle, Uniontown, Missouri; and
- Treasurer – Curtis Steenbock, Longford, Kansas.
- Brian Haverkamp, Seneca, Kansas; was seated as a new member of the Mo-Kan Division board.
- Chairwoman – Joyce Racicky; Mason City; and
- Vice Chairwoman – Mary Temme, Wayne; and
- Secretary/Treasurer – Jodi Cast, Beaver Crossing.
- Mike Henn, Norfolk, was seated as a new member of the Nebraska Division board.
North Dakota Division
- Chairman – Kenton Holle, Mandan;
- Vice Chairman – Terry Entzminger, Jamestown;
- Secretary – Rita Mosset, Linton; and
- Treasurer – Lilah Krebs, Gladstone.
- Dwane Wanzek, Cleveland, was seated as a new member of the North Dakota Division board.
- Chairman – Nathan Roth, Mountain Grove, Missouri;
- Vice Chairwoman – Marilyn Calvin, Mt. Vernon, Missouri;
- Secretary – Brittany Groves, Billings Missouri; and
- Treasurer – Mark Fellwock, Monett, Missouri.
- Jack Dill, Conway, Missouri; was seated as a new member of the Ozarks Division board.
South Dakota Division
- Chairman – Jim Neugebauer, Dimock;
- Vice Chairwoman – Annelies Seffrood, Summit;
- Secretary – Chris Fieber, Goodwin; and
- Treasurer – Gary Jarding, Alexandria.
- Jogchum Andringa, Brandt, was seated as a new member of the South Dakota Division board.