Congratulations! As you begin your reign as a county or breed association dairy princess, ambassador or alternate, let me be one of the first to congratulate you and wish you well this year. My name is Mariah Busta and I coordinate the Iowa Dairy Princess Program on behalf of Midwest Dairy. I would like to share some information so you can plan ahead for your year.
- Please complete the Iowa Princess/Ambassador Registration form below. This ensures that you will be on mailing lists for future state program updates.
- Plan to attend the annual orientation session for all new princesses, ambassadors, and alternates to be held in June 2021. This training session will be an interactive workshop with strategies and tips for successful communications including presentations and social media outreach. We will also provide an overview of the 2021-22 state princess
contest and answer any questions that you may have. Watch for more details!
- Begin keeping track of all your activities. As a princess, ambassador or alternate, you are eligible for the incentive program that will allow you to earn money for the activities you complete for your reign. The details of the incentive program will be provided at the orientation session.
- Watch the Iowa Dairy Princess page on Facebook for announcements of upcoming events and notifications when orientation or state contest forms are available.
- If you are planning to participate in the state contest, mark your calendar. The 2021-22 State Iowa Dairy Princess Contest will be held August 10-11 at the Courtyard by Marriott in Ankeny, Iowa. The coronation ceremony will be the evening of August 11 at the Iowa State Fairgrounds in Des Moines.
Feel free to contact me with any questions. You can reach me at (563) 379-8619 or IowaDairyPrincess@gmail.com.