- Applicant must be considered or accepted as a full-time student at an accredited college.
- Applicant must contribute to Midwest Dairy checkoff as of January 1 of the current calendar year by one of the following:
- Applicant, or applicant’s parents/guardians/grandparents/sibling, must own a dairy farm located in the state of Nebraska.
- Former recipients of the scholarship may re-apply in subsequent years, providing they remain eligible.
Applicants will be evaluated on contributions to and involvement in the dairy industry, leadership, career plans and academic standing.
- Complete the online application form by April 9, 2021. EXTENDED DEADLINE – FRIDAY, APRIL 30.
- Recipients will be notified by May 14, 2021 and will be asked to submit the following by June 4, 2021:
- High Resolution Photograph
- Newspaper Information Form
- Publicity Consent Form
- W9 Form
- Scholarships will be sent directly to the student by October 1, 2021.
Nebraska Division of Midwest Dairy Educational Award
The Nebraska Division of Midwest Dairy will be awarding the following educational scholarships:
- College sophomores, juniors and seniors with a future career in dairy are eligible for one $1,500 and one $1,000 award. When answering the essay question on future career plans, please describe how your education will be used to support the dairy community.
- College freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors majoring in any degree program are eligible for one of five $500 awards.