Midwest Dairy is piloting a new approach to reach Generation Z and grow trust using athletes’ names, images, and likenesses (NIL). For the 2023-2024 school year, we have partnerships with five high school and 29 college athletes as part of our Fueled x Dairy influencer team. These athletes will post monthly content on their social channels about how dairy fits into their daily lives, along with engaging content for followers to learn more about dairy’s nutritional and sustainable benefits. As part of the program, athletes will also have an opportunity to participate in focus groups and meet with dairy farmers.
The program launched this September, and we had over 111,000 views of the content and 4,600 reactions (likes, comments, and shares) to the content in the first week. Our goal throughout the year is to provide constant and consistent messaging to the same followers to increase familiarity and grow trust in dairy.
To reach a wide audience, Midwest Dairy has diversity reflected in the schools, sports, and genders. Would you like to follow along? Engage with the athletes below!
- Skyler Pierce, Kansas High School Student, Volleyball
- Jaliya Davis, Kansas High School, Basketball
- Reese Snowden, Kansas High School, Soccer
- Marcayla Johnson, Tulsa, Oklahoma High School Student, Basketball
- Danny Okoye, Tulsa, Oklahoma High School Student, Football
- Mia Takekawa, University of Illinois, Gymnastics
- Ty Rodgers, University of Illinois, Basketball
- Anaya Peoples, DePaul, Basketball
- Jaylin Noel, Iowa State, Football
- Ayoka Lee, Kansas State, Basketball
- Katia Gallegos, University of Tulsa, Basketball
- PJ Haggerty, University of Tulsa, Basketball
- Elli Dahl, University of Nebraska – Lincoln, Track and Field