BBQ Chicken and Cheddar Foil Packet Dinner
This cheddar foil packet meal helps make your dinnertime planning and clean up a snap.
- 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast 4 halves
- 2 small red potatoes unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups reduced-fat Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place a 12×12 inch sheet of tinfoil on a work surface. Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the barbeque sauce in the center of the foil. Place one chicken breast half over barbeque sauce and spread another teaspoon of sauce over chicken. Top with quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion. Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal. Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets. Place the four packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges, as contents may be very hot. Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast and return to oven, leaving packets unsealed, for two minutes or until cheese is melted. With a spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving plates.
One cost-savings tip is to buy bone-in chicken breasts and remove the skin.