Cheeseburger Macaroni Casserole
Transform your favorite dinner classic. Mix macaroni with lean ground beef and cheese for a delicious casserole that is just as good when served as leftovers.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- whole-wheat elbow macaroni or penne or rotini pasta
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 can tomato sauce 8-ounce
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt optional
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray an 8×8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown and onion is soft; drain.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. Spoon macaroni into prepared pan. Spread beef mixture and chopped tomato over macaroni. Pour tomato sauce over beef. Sprinkle with seasoned salt, pepper and shredded cheese.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges of casserole are bubbling.
To spice it up, use your favorite pizza or Italian-style tomato sauce instead of tomato sauce and seasoned salt.
For a meal later, double the recipe and place the second casserole in the freezer for later use.