Layered Spinach Supreme
Creamy cottage cheese, Parmesan and melty Monterey Jack combine to make this a delicious dish for breakfast or brunch.
- 1 cup buttermilk baking mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 eggs
- 1 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 11/2 cup (12 ounces) small curd cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12x8x2-inch baking dish with nonstick spray. Mix baking mix, milk, onion, and 2 eggs (reserving the other 2 eggs for the cheese mixture); beat vigorously 20 strokes. Spread in dish. Mix remaining ingredients and the two reserved eggs. Spoon evenly over batter in dish. Bake until set, about 30 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares.
Recipe by the McCoy Family and shared courtesy of DairyMax. For more recipes, visit www.dairydiscoveryzone.com.