St. Paul, Minn. – Five Midwest Dairy leaders are among the newly elected officers of Dairy Management Inc.™ (DMI), the National Dairy Promotion and Research Board (NDB), and the United Dairy Industry Association (UDIA) elected to serve the industry for the 2023-24 term. They will lead national dairy checkoff strategies and programs to protect and grow sales.
“I look forward to serving the dairy community in the coming year as a member of the DMI officers,” said Orville Miller. “We will work together to drive dairy demand and, as an industry, address the challenges we’re facing, capitalize on the opportunities in front of us, and continue to tell our dairy story.”
UDIA officers elected were:
- Chair – Neil Hoff, Windthorst, Texas
- 1st Vice Chair – Alex Peterson, Trenton, Mo.
- 2nd Vice Chair, American Dairy Association – Tom Woods, Gage, Okla. (retired)
- 2nd Vice Chair, National Dairy Council – Audrey Donahoe, Clayville, N.Y.
- Secretary – Charles Krause, Buffalo, Minn.
- Treasurer – John Brubaker, Buhl, Idaho
The UDIA is a federation of state and regional dairy farmer-funded promotion organizations that provide marketing programs developed and implemented in coordination with its members. The UDIA is overseen by a board comprised of dairy farmers elected by their respective state and regional boards of UDIA member organizations.
DMI officers elected were:
- Chair – Marilyn Hershey, Cochranville, Pa.
- Vice Chair – Becky Levzow, Rio, Wisc.
- Secretary – Skip Hardie, Groton, N.Y.
- Treasurer – Orville Miller, Hutchinson, Kan.
DMI manages the national checkoff program and is co-funded by NDB and UDIA.
The NDB officers elected were:
- Chair – Joanna Shipp, Boones Mill, Va.
- Vice Chair – Doug Carroll, Ryan, Iowa
- Secretary – Jim Reid, Grant Township, Mich.
- Treasurer – Suzanne Vold, Glenwood, Minn.
The 37-member NDB, formed in May 1984 under the authority of the Dairy Product Stabilization Act of 1983, carries out coordinated promotion and research programs to help build demand and expand domestic and international markets for dairy products.
American Dairy Association officers elected were:
- Chair – Tom Woods (retired)
- Vice Chair – Glen Easter, Laurens, S.C.
- Secretary – Jenni Tilton-Flood, Clinton, Maine
- Treasurer – Corby Werth, Alpena, Mich.
National Dairy Council officers elected were:
- Chair – Audrey Donahoe
- Vice Chair – Jeff Hardy, Brigham City, Utah
- Secretary – Harold Howrigan, Sheldon, Vt.
- Treasurer – Michael Ferguson, Senatobia, Miss.
Midwest Dairy® represents 4,400 dairy farm families and works on their behalf to build dairy demand by inspiring consumer confidence in our products and production practices. We are committed to Bringing Dairy to Life! by Giving Consumers an Excellent Dairy Experience and are funded by farmers across a 10-state region, including Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Arkansas and eastern Oklahoma. For more information, visit MidwestDairy.com, and follow us on Facebook and YouTube.