Parmesan and Pomegranate Butternut Squash Noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces butternut squash noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, shelled
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, shaved
- 2 ounces pomegranate arils
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through and started to turn golden brown in places. Transfer noodles to a plate and reserve.
- In the same skillet, melt butter. Add sage and pumpkin seeds and cook, stirring constantly until butter is browned and fragrant and pumpkin seeds are toasted, about 1 minute. Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss until evenly coated.
- Remove skillet from heat. Add parmesan and toss to combine. Transfer noodles to serving bowls and top with pomegranate arils. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of National Dairy Council. For more recipes, visit www.usdairy.com.