Pepper & Egg Brunch Bake
This tasty brunch casserole filled with eggs, veggies and cheese will allow you to spend more time with family and guests, and less time in the kitchen this weekend.
- 6 eggs beaten
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon mustard ground
- ½ teaspoon black pepper ground
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 slices whole wheat bread cubed
- 12 ounces turkey kielbasa cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1½ cups chopped onion about 2 small onions
- 1 cup green pepper chopped, about 1 pepper
- 1 cup red pepper chopped, about 1 pepper
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, mustard, pepper and salt. Add bread, kielbasa, onions and peppers; stir well until the bread is completely absorbed. Cover bowl and refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir basil into egg mixture. Pour into a 9×13-inch baking dish and bake for 1 hour or until eggs are set.