How it Works
- Up to four Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Illinois dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- Ambassadors will receive a stipend for each day they are out participating in events:
- $75 stipend for participating in an event for 4 hours or less
- $150 stipend for participating in an event for more than 4 hours
- Ambassadors are eligible to apply up to a $1,000 scholarship at the completion of the year.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 15, 2022 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 10, 2023.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an Illinois post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Connect with Consumer at Various Events
Illinois State Fair
National Dairy Month Dairy Breakfasts
Dairy Open Houses
Greenville Dairy Days
Stephenson County Ag Breakfast
Build Your Network at Dairy Industry Events
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting
Ag in the Classroom Presentations