How it Works
- Up to four Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Illinois dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 11, 2020 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 8, 2021.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an Illinois post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting, Fall 2021
Illinois State Fair, August 12-22, 2021
National Dairy Month Dairy Breakfasts, June 2021
Dairy Open Houses, Year-round
Greenville Dairy Days, June 2021
Stephenson County Ag Breakfast, June 2021
Ag in the Classroom Presentations, Year-round