The Iowa Dairy Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students interested in promoting dairy. Dairy Ambassadors will have the opportunity to connect with consumers and share dairy’s story while networking with their peers and industry professionals.
How it Works
- Up to five Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Iowa dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2024.
- Ambassadors will receive a stipend for each day they are out participating in events:
- $75 stipend for participating in an event for 4 hours or less
- $150 stipend for participating in an event for more than 4 hours
- Ambassadors are eligible to apply up to a $1,000 scholarship at the completion of the year.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 15, 2023 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 10, 2024.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an Iowa post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Connect with Consumers at Various Events
ISU Dairy Farm Open House – Iowa State University Dairy Farm
Breakfast on the Farm – Iowa’s Dairy Center
Ice Cream Social – Clinton/Jackson County Dairy Promotion Group
Western Iowa Dairy Alliance Open House
Iowa State Fair
Dairy Day at the Clay County Fair
Build Your Network at Dairy Industry Events
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting
Iowa Dairy Princess Youth Communications Training
June Dairy Month Proclamation Signing
National Cattle Congress
ISDA Annual Meeting
Young Leaders in Ag Conference
Social media posts
Interviews with local newspaper/radio
Local classroom visits