How it Works
- Up to five Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Iowa dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 14, 2020 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 8, 2021.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in an Iowa post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting, Fall 2021
Iowa Dairy Princess & Ambassador Orientation, June 2021
June Dairy Month Proclamation Signing, June 2021
National Cattle Congress, September 2021
Iowa Ag Leaders Dinner, Spring 2021
ISDA Annual Meeting, Winter 2021
Suhr Dairy & Friends Annual Farm Tour Days, Spring 2021
Family Day on the Farm – ISU Dairy, June 2021
Breakfast on the Farm – Iowa’s Dairy Center, June 2021
Lunch on the Farm – Clinton/Jackson, June 2021
WIDA Open House, June 2021
Iowa State Fair, August 2021
Dairy Day at the Clay County Fair, September 2021
Social Media Posts
Interviews with local newspaper/radio
Letter to the Editor
Local classroom visits