How it Works
- Up to ten Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Minnesota dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 4, 2020 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 8, 2021.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in a Minnesota post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Minnesota Milk Winter Mini-Series, January-February 2021
MMPA Dairy Day at the Capitol, TBD
MMPA Summer Escape, June 2021
Minnesota AgriGrowth Council Annual Conference, November 2021
Minnesota Milk Dairy Conferences and Expo, December 2021
U of MN Ag Awareness Day, April 2021
Local Breakfast on the Farm events sponsored by local county ADA
Minnesota State Dairy, August-September 2021
Midwest Dairy/Minnesota Beef Dietetic Intern Tour, September/October 2021
Opportunities with partnering organizations
Classroom visits, Various
Minnesota Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, April 2021
School Nutrition Conference, July 2021
Minnesota Academy of Family Physicians, August 2021
Action for Healthy Kids Conference, November 2021
Leadership development opportunities