How it Works
- Up to ten Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing Minnesota dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- Ambassadors will receive a stipend for each day they are out participating in events:
- $75 stipend for participating in an event for 4 hours or less
- $150 stipend for participating in an event for more than 4 hours
- Ambassadors are eligible to apply up to a $1,000 scholarship at the completion of the year.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 15, 2022 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 10, 2023.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time in a Minnesota post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Connect with Consumer at Various Events
Local Breakfast on the Farm events sponsored by local county ADA
Minnesota State Fair
Opportunities with partnering organizations
Build Your Network at Industry Events
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting
MMPA Dairy Day at the Capitol
MMPA Summer Escape
Minnesota AgriGrowth Council Annual Conference
Social media posts
Young Leaders Ag Conference
Leadership development opportunities