How It Works
- Up to six college ambassadors and up to four high school ambassadors will be selected.
- Ambassadors will be representing Nebraska dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2023 through December 31, 2023.
- Participants may apply for consecutive years.
- Ambassadors will receive a stipend for each day they are out participating in events:
- $75 stipend for participating in an event for 4 hours or less
- $150 stipend for participating in an event for more than 4 hours
- Upon the successful completion of the one-year program, ambassadors are eligible up to a $1,000 educational scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 15, 2022, through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 10, 2023.
- Applicant must be enrolled as a Nebraska High School Junior (11th Grade) or Senior (12th Grade) during the current year of application, or enrolled full-time in a Nebraska post-secondary school for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and lodging) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must have the resources to communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as possible. The more the ambassador participates, the more that they will benefit from the experience.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for Ambassadors presence and participation. Reponses are to be completed in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, Ambassador Coach/Coordinator, Midwest Dairy staff, and fellow dairy ambassadors.
- Participation in orientation and trainings that will be provided via online and face-to-face.
- CHAPERONE: The use/need of an adult chaperone at events will be decided cooperatively by the Dairy Ambassador (high school), their parents, and the Ambassador Coach/Coordinator.
Please contact Dawn Eckel, Nebraska Dairy Ambassador Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or comments.Contact Us
DAIRY AMBASSADOR PROGRAM EVENTS
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors may be participating in.
Connect with Consumer at Various Events
National Dairy Month Activations, June 2023
Nebraska State Fair, August 25 – September 4, 2023
Undeniably Dairy Grant Support, throughout 2023
Nebraska Extension Ag Literacy Festivals, Spring & Fall 2023
Opportunities with partnering organizations
Build Your Network at Dairy Industry Events
Nebraska State Dairy Association Annual Convention
Nebraska Dairy Ambassador Orientation, TBA 2023
Social media posts, throughout 2023
Television and Radio interviews, throughout 2023
Leadership development opportunities