How it Works
- Up to five Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing South Dakota dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2022 through December 31, 2022.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible to apply for a $1,000 scholarship at the completion of the year.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 1, 2021 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 10, 2022.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time at South Dakota State University for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Central Plains Dairy Expo
SDSU Scholarship Awards Banquet
Dairy Experience Forum
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting
Ag Day at the Washington Pavilion
Dairy Farm Open Houses
Sioux Empire Fair
South Dakota State Fair
Other Dairy Consumer Engagement Events
SDSU Dairy Drives – Basketball & Football Events
Virtual Dairy Promotion via Social Media Venues