How it Works
- Up to five Dairy Ambassadors will be selected.
- Dairy Ambassadors will be representing South Dakota dairy farmers.
- This is a one-year program, running from January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021.
- Ambassadors will receive a $75 per diem for each day they are out participating in events.
- Ambassadors are eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
- Applicant must submit completed application materials by December 10, 2020 through the online form below.
- Applications will be reviewed, and notices sent by January 8, 2021.
- Applicant must be enrolled full-time at South Dakota State University for the duration of the appointment.
- Applicant must provide their own transportation. Reimbursement for travel expenses (mileage and hotel) will be provided for all approved events.
- Applicant must communicate effectively through email, text messaging and in-person.
- Applicant must have a passion for dairy.
- Participate as much as you are able. You will get more out of your experience the more you participate.
- Respond in a timely manner. There will be requests for your presence and participation please respond to those in a timely manner.
- Interact with consumers, your coach, staff and fellow ambassadors.
The following are some, but not all, of the events that selected Dairy Ambassadors will be participating in.
Dairy Fest, June 2021
Central Plains Dairy Expo, March 2021
SDSU Scholarship Awards Banquet, April 2021
Dairy Experience Forum, July 2021
Midwest Dairy Division Board Meeting, Fall 2021
Ag Day at the Washington Pavilion, March 2021
Dairy Farm Open Houses, Summer 2021
Sioux Empire Fair, August 2021
South Dakota State Fair, September 2-6 2021
Other Dairy Consumer Engagement Events, Throughout 2021
SDSU Dairy Drives – Basketball & Football Events – 2021
Virtual Dairy Promotion via Social Media Venues