Ham It Up Pita Pockets
Enjoy these warm pitas stuffed with your favorite sweet and cheesy combination.
- 2 whole wheat pitas large size
- 8 slices ham
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 1 medium apple thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- Cut pita pockets in half. Spread about 1 teaspoon spicy mustard inside each pocket. On cutting board, layer 1 slice ham, 1 slice Provolone cheese and another slice of ham together. Fold in half, tucking 3 or 4 slices of apple between the ham and cheese halves. Tuck the layers into the pita pocket half.* Microwave each pocket on high for 30 seconds or until cheese begins to melt. Let stand a few minutes before eating.
*Heating pita pockets in the microwave for a few seconds may soften them slightly to make this process easier.