Roasted Vegetable Quesadillas
Get in some extra veggies with this simple-to-make cheesy quesadilla.
- 1 red onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 zucchini, quartered lengthwise
- 1 yellow squash, quartered lengthwise
- 1 red pepper, quartered lengthwise
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or basil
- 4 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 11/2 cup (6 ounces) shredded smoked Provolone or Cheddar Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 15x10-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Arrange vegetables including garlic in a single layer on pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Cook for 15 minutes until barely tender. Cut vegetables into cubes or slivers; peel and mash garlic. Mix together in a bowl; toss with cilantro or basil.
- Sprinkle left side of each tortilla with half of cheese. Place vegetables evenly on top of cheese; top with remaining cheese. Fold right side of tortilla over to close and press on top to slightly flatten. Grill each quesadilla in a large skillet or griddle over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden and cheese melts. Cut each in half.
Note: To cook ahead, when grilling outdoors, cook extra vegetables until lightly charred and barely tender. Refrigerate until needed. Change the flavor with the choice of herb. Recipe courtesy of DairyMax. For more recipes, visit www.dairydiscoveryzone.com.