Homemade Tea Lattes
Cozy tea lattes you can make at home.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1-2 tea bags, or 1-2 teaspoons loose leaf tea
- 1/3 cup whole or 2% milk
- 1-2 teaspoons sweetener or simple syrup (optional)
- Bring the water to a boil. Pour the water over the tea and brew for the recommended brewing time.
- Meanwhile, steam the milk on the stove top or in the microwave. The milk is ready when tiny bubbles appear around the outer edge of the pan or when it is fragrant and steaming, but not boiling.
- Froth the milk using a milk frother, until tripled in size.
- Discard the tea bags and sweeten the tea to taste. Add the milk, holding back the froth. Spoon however much froth you desire over the tea and serve.
- London Fog Tea Latte: 3/4 cup brewed Earl Grey Tea + 2 teaspoons Lavender Syrup + 1/3 cup steamed and frothed milk.
- Chai Tea Latte: 2 Chai Tea Bags brewed in 3/4 cup water + 2 teaspoons honey + 1/3 cup steamed and frothed milk + sprinkle of ground cinnamon or nutmeg. You can also substitute the tea bags and sweetener with 3/4 cup Chai Tea Concentrate.
- Vanilla Caramel Tea Latte: 3/4 cup brewed Vanilla Caramel Tea + 2 teaspoons Vanilla Simple Syrup + 1/3 cup steamed and frothed milk + sprinkle of demerara sugar on top.
- Chamomile Tea Latte: 1 chamomile tea bag steeped in 1 cup steamed milk + 2 teaspoons honey + sprinkle of cinnamon.