With school closures across the country, school districts continue to work at providing students with nutritious meals. School foodservice workers and staff are using innovative to safely serve and deliver nutritious meals to students. Some are offering curb-side pickup service at schools while others are using the bus routes to deliver meals to students.
Midwest Dairy surveyed schools and determined that there was a need for equipment to keep milk and dairy products cold. In response, Midwest Dairy acted quickly by purchasing 1,550 soft-sided milk crate cooler bags and 198-barrel coolers to provide to school districts across our 10-state territory.
Here are some of the of the comments shared by school districts who received coolers:
- “Thank you! Your wonderful bags arrived yesterday afternoon and were put to use today on our 18 busses. We owe you. Thanks ever so much for this great partnership!”
Rochester School District, Minnesota
- “Thank you Midwest Dairy for donating 30 milk coolers for transportation and safe keeping of dairy products.”
Hinckley-Finlayson School District, Minnesota
- “Oh, my goodness, the staff love the milk bags! Yesterday, we served 1,546 meals, (and) each had a carton of milk. Our numbers keep rising. Thank you so much for helping us support our community!”
Coni Jo Dobbels, Davenport School District, Iowa
- “Thank you so much for the coolers! At first, I did not think we would need them, but boy have we needed them!”
Nutrition Director, Huron School, South Dakota
- “Thanks so much!!! This will be so helpful for two mobile home park sites! You’re a gem! Stay safe!”
Nutrition Director, Aberdeen School, South Dakota
- “We got them! They are wonderful. They came at a perfect time. We have 16 bus routes around the city.”
Nutrition Director, Sioux Falls School District, South Dakota