In celebration of National Dairy Month, Midwest Dairy recently partnered with Pizza Ranch to offer free extra cheese on any large pizza ordered online for carryout or delivery throughout the month of June.
The Pizza Ranch campaign featured images of Midwest dairy farmers and farms in promotional materials. The goals of this partnership were to:
- celebrate National Dairy Month
- increase cheese sales
- help Pizza Ranch drive online sales
- promote Pizza Ranch’s support of, and connection to, dairy farmers and farmers’ ongoing commitment to providing sustainably produced dairy foods for consumers
Pizza Ranch is a franchise restaurant chain headquartered in Orange City, Iowa, with 215 locations across 15 states – 80 percent of locations are within Midwest Dairy’s territory. The chain typically relies on a buffet format in their restaurants, but as a result of COVID-19, they’ve adapted their model to encourage families to enjoy their pizza through online ordering, carryout and delivery.
Ultimately, this partnership achieved the following success:
- Pizza Ranch purchased more than 100,000 incremental pounds of cheese in June 2020, equating to more than 1 million incremental pounds of milk
- More than 200,000 dairy farmer box toppers were distributed
- Over 1 million emails were sent by Pizza Ranch highlighting the promotion
- The campaign achieved approximately 650,000 social media impressions including 16,000 likes and 1,000 shares
The support of partners like Pizza Ranch are invaluable to not just driving dairy sales, but to helping reconnect farmers with consumers.