Dairy Resource Center
Welcome to the Dairy Resource Center, a place to find tools and resources for dairy, from lessons and activities to webinars to fact sheets. Explore what is available!
Low-fat Chocolate Milk is Back
Low-fat (1%) chocolate and other low-fat flavored milks can have a place in school meal programs again
Is Cheese Good for You?
One serving of cheese contains many of the essential nutrients your body needs, including:
- Calcium - Helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth (15% daily value)
- Protein - Helps build and repair muscle tissue (14% daily value)
- Phosphorus - Helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth, supports tissue growth (15% daily value)
- Vitamin B12 - Helps with normal blood function, helps keep the nervous system healthy (20% daily value)
- Pantothenic Acid - Helps your body use carbohydrates, fats, and protein for fuel (45% daily value)
- Niacin - Used in energy metabolism in the body (15% daily value)
DASH Eating Plan - Spanish
DASH, cuyas siglas en inglés corresponden a “Enfoque Alimentario para Detener la Hipertensión” es un plan de alimentación que es flexible y incluye una variedad de alimentos.
DASH Eating Plan
This heart-healthy eating plan provides guidelines for daily nutritional goals with foods that are low in saturated fats and sodium. The DASH eating plan outlined below illustrates the wide variety of whole, nutritious foods you can enjoy any day. The amounts listed are based on 2,000 calories. Daily goals for different food groups include:
- Fat free dairy or low fat milk: 2-3 cups
- Fruits: 2-2.5 cups
- Vegetables: 2-2.5 cups
- Whole grains: 6-8 ounces
- Lean meat, fish, poultry: 6 ounces or less
- Nuts, seeds and legumes: 4-5 times weekly
- Oils: use sparingly