Colby Cobb Salad
This recipe is similar to a turkey club sandwich, but in a bowl.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups fat-free plain yogurt divided
- 4 large basil leaves
- ¼ cup parsley stems removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- ¼ teaspoon pepper additional, optional
- 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce 1 small head
- ½ cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 hard boiled egg chopped
- 2 slices cooked turkey breast cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 1½ cups shredded Colby or Colby Jack cheese
- Place 1 cup of yogurt, basil, parsley, chives, lemon juice, honey and pepper in a blender or food processor. Cover and pulse until smooth (dressing will be green in color). Pour yogurt mixture into a medium bowl; stir in remaining yogurt and mayonnaise until just blended; refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place lettuce at the bottom of a bowl and sprinkle the tomatoes, onion, cucumber, turkey, bacon bits, egg and Colby cheese on top. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss lightly.
Dressing may be prepared up to 2 days ahead and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.