Fruit & Pasta Toss
A light meal or delightful side dish, this pasta recipe is nutrient-rich and very colorful. Experiment with different seasonal fruits as they hit their peak of ripeness.
- 8 ounces spiral-shaped whole wheat pasta uncooked
- 1½ cups cantaloupe cubed, about ½ of cantaloupe
- 1½ cups pineapple cubed, about ½ of pineapple
- 1¼ cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes halved
- 1½ cups low-fat vanilla yogurt 12 ounces
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare fruit and place in large serving bowl. Once pasta has cooled, add to bowl. Gently stir yogurt into pasta mixture. Chill for 30 minutes before serving.