Power-Up Muffin Cups
These protein-packed muffins are perfect for anyone on the go. Make this recipe your own by mixing in leftover vegetables, ham, or turkey for a twist!
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cups plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups cubed whole-grain bread
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Cost a standard 12-cup nonstick muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and yogurt until thoroughly combined. Whisk in the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir in ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese, all of the Cheddar cheese, the broccoli, and the bread; mix thoroughly.
- Let stand for 10 minutes. Stir thoroughly, then divide the mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups. (The cups will be about two-thirds full.) Top evenly with the remaining ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.