Roasted Autumn Vegetables With Harissa Yogurt Dip
- 2 medium beets, washed
- 2 small fennel bulbs, fronds removed and bulbs quartered
- 1 small delicate squash, seeded and sliced into 1 inch thick semi-circles
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into 1 inch thick rounds
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt or fat level of choice
- 4 tablespoons Harissa paste
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 8 ounces whole grain pita chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wrap beets in foil, place on a small baking sheet and place in the oven immediately.
- Spray two large, rimmed baking sheets with olive oil or cooking spray. Arrange fennel, squash, red onion, baby carrots and Brussels sprouts on baking sheets and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cumin, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, coriander and 1 teaspoon Kosher salt. Add olive oil and stir to combine. Drizzle mixture evenly over vegetables on baking sheets.
- Place baking sheets in oven and roast vegetables, turning once for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While vegetables are roasting, combine Greek yogurt, harissa paste, 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, lemon juice and remaining 3 teaspoons of Kosher salt in a bowl and stir until combined.
- When vegetables are cooked through, remove baking sheets from oven and allow to cool enough to handle. Remove beets from foil and peel under running water, then quarter them.
- Transfer yogurt mixture to a serving bowl and place on a platter. Arrange vegetables and pita chips around yogurt. Serve immediately.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately with toasted 7-grain bread.
Recipe courtesy of National Dairy Council. For more recipes, visit www.usdairy.com.