Turkey Tetrazzini with Cheddar and Parmesan
This easy turkey dish is an all-in-one dinner solution the whole family will enjoy.
Servings: 6 servings
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 12 ounces whole wheat penne pasta 1 package
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dry white wine, such as Pinot Grigio or additional chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups sliced white button mushrooms
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cooked turkey breast diced
- 1 cup peas frozen
- 1 cup reduced-fat Cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a shallow two to three-quart baking dish with cooking spray; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. In large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter and stir in flour. Stirring constantly, cook about 2 minutes. Whisk in milk, chicken broth, wine and pepper; bring mixture to a boil. Stir in mushrooms, reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until mixture thickens and mushrooms are softened.
- Stir Parmesan cheese, pasta, turkey and peas into milk mixture; spoon into prepared baking dish. Top with Cheddar cheese and cover loosely with foil. Bake about 45 minutes or until bubbling at edges and heated through.
This recipe works well for leftover turkey, or substitute chicken for turkey.