TagsYoung Dairy Leaders
Throughout 2022, Midwest Dairy Ambassadors had the opportunity to focus on bringing dairy to life for a better world. The different states recorded hundreds of outstanding ambassador-to-consumer interactions, and many of these opportunities were made possible through Midwest Dairy’s work with various partners.
Consumer connections were made across the 10-state region as different ambassadors volunteered their time hosting interactive booths at places like the Science Museum of Minnesota and the Omaha Baseball Village Booth during the College World Series, interacting with consumers at the different State Fairs, advocating during Earth Day Lincoln, attending Undeniably Dairy Grant supported events, and folding countless cow hats for kids! The ambassadors also gained insight into the dairy industry and developed their leadership skills by attending industry events and tours as well as participating in virtual trainings.
Additionally, ambassadors grew their knowledge of Midwest Dairy’s strategic plan by participating in annual webinars. As the 2022 year ended, all ambassadors were eligible for a $1,000 scholarship.
Thank you to our 2022 Dairy Ambassador participants from across the region!
- Rachel Anderson, New Philadelphia, OH, Animal Science – Production
- Marianna Brenner, Pearl City, IL, Agricultural Business
- Madelyn Hartrim-Lowe, Vancouver, WA, Biology
- Carli Hoffman, Nashville, IL, Animal Science
- Holli Jark, Stratford, SD – Pre-Veterinary Animal Science
- Johanna Nielsen, Russell, MN – Animal Science/Pre-Vet & Dairy Production
- Makenna Skiff, Norfolk, NE – Dairy Production and Dairy Manufacturing
- Whitney Ten Napel, Ireton, IA – Dairy Production & Agricultural Leadership
- Tiffany Van Buren, Waupun, WI – Dairy Production and Agricultural Communications
- Fayth Hoger – Animal Science, South Dakota State University
- Sydney Kleingartner – Farm and Ranch Management, Bismarck State College
- Jenna Albers of Randolph
- Whitney (Hochstein) Haahr of Wynot
- Abigail Langdon of Clarkson
- Mikayla Martensen of Humphrey
- Jaycie Meggison of Blair
- Luke Borst, Rochester, Minn., junior studying Agricultural Communication and Marketing
- Brenna Connelly, Byron, Minn., senior, Agricultural Communication and Marketing and Animal Science
- Jay Dicke, Goodhue, Minn., senior, Agriculture and Food Business Management
- Ashley Hagenow, Poynette, Wis., senior studying Agricultural Communication and Marketing
- Kate Meyer, Rollingstone, Minn., junior, Agricultural Communication and Marketing
- Megan Meyer, Rollingstone, Minn., sophomore, Agriculture Food Business Management
- Danielle Begle, Iowa State University studying Animal Science
- Nichole Gerard, Iowa State University studying Animal Science
- Mary Holtz, Iowa State University studying Dairy Science & International Agriculture
- Amelia Klostermann, Iowa State University studying Animal Science
- Madalyn Palmer, Iowa State University studying Animal Science
- Hannah Pollard, Iowa State University studying Animal Science