Bacon, Egg and Cheese Overnight Oats
All the breakfast foods you love, in one hearty bowl!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 green onion
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pinch salt
- 2 slices bacon cooked, cut in half
- Pinch paprika smoked
- In a heat-proof bowl, add milk, oats, and chia seeds. Stir mixture until combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut several slices of green onion on the diagonal; reserve for garnish. Mince 1 teaspoon of green onion and stir into the yogurt; set aside.
- Place covered bowl of oat mixture in microwave. Cook 1 minute 15 seconds on high. Leave bowl covered and allow to stand 1 minute. While oats are warming, cook egg in your preferred method.
- To serve, layer bacon and egg over oats on one side of bowl. On opposite side of bowl, layer cheese and yogurt mixture. Sprinkle salt and smoked paprika over egg. Sprinkle reserved onion slices over yogurt. Serve warm.
Microwave Cooking: This recipe was tested with a 1000-watt microwave. Please adjust cooking times for your microwave.