Berry Yogurt Parfait Pancakes
Start your morning with fluffy, flavorful goodness and whip up these pancakes topped with yogurt, fruit and granola.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¾ cups low-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- ⅛ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups low-fat plain or vanilla yogurt
- ¾ cup low-fat granola
- 3 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter and almond extract. Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix until smooth (batter will be thick.)
- Coat griddle or large skillet with cooking spray and heat to medium. Pour 3 tablespoons batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles on pancake start to break (about 2 minutes.) Flip with spatula and cook other side until golden brown. Repeat until batter is gone.
- To assemble each serving, place one pancake on a plate and spread 2 tablespoons of yogurt on top. Top with ¼ cup berries and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon granola. Top with a second pancake and spread an additional 2 tablespoons vanilla yogurt on top. Top with another ¼ cup berries and another 1 tablespoon granola. Repeat to make remaining 5 servings.