Spending more time at home and looking for educational resources or ideas for family fun? No problem. Check out what’s available from Midwest Dairy.
- Discover Dairy – Curriculum for elementary and middle school that includes STEM concepts and shows students where milk comes from and how dairy contributes to our world.
- Discovery Education – Brings dairy’s farm-to-table journey to life for 5th to 8th graders with free STEM curriculum, a virtual field trip and other virtual experiences.
- Fuel Up to Play 60 At-Home Resources – Tools, resources and activities for students to learn about the importance of healthy eating and physical activity.
Dairy Lesson Plans
- Online Virtual Farm Tour – An interactive experience with complementary worksheets for elementary, middle and high school on how cows are milked, fed and even where thy go “on vacation.”
- Bone Health – Activities for students to learn about strong bones.
- Soil for Ag – A lesson geared toward 4th grade learning about land suitable for agriculture.
- Healthy Bodies-Healthy Cows Lesson – A lesson geared toward 4th grade learning how our movements compare and contrast that of a cow.
- State-by-State Infographic – Uncover the innovation, conservation and dedication of dairy farmers to care for our land, animals and communities.
- Virtual Farm Tours
- Ag Trivia – Fun facts you never knew about dairy.
- Dairy BINGO – Families can create their own board and have fun.
- Coloring Book – An undeniably dairy adventure for Preschool to 6th
- Color by Number – This mural is geared for your experienced student (4th – 6th grade)
- Advanced Coloring Sheets – Dairy-themed coloring sheets for older students (and adults!)
- Cooking – Check out our dairy-inspired recipes and instructions on how to make butter for fun in the kitchen.
Live/Recorded Virtual Resources led by Midwest Dairy Farmers
- Story Time with Ag Ed on the Move – Join dairy farmer Donna Telle as she reads, “The Cow that Wouldn’t Come Down”, written and illustrated by Paul Brett Johnson.
- Daily Dairy Story Hour – Join dairy farmer Janet Bremer from Minnesota at noon Monday-Friday for a daily story and dairy-related activity. Check out her blog for more information.
- Live Ag Lessons – A licensed ag teacher leads a daily interactive science-based lesson on ag-related topics at 10 a.m. Monday-Friday. A fun activity is part of each lesson.