Yogurt & Banana Spice Muffins
Adding nutrient-rich ingredients like yogurt and nuts to an ordinary box of cake mix results in these super moist and tasty muffins that are perfect for fall.
- 1 box spice cake mix 18.25 ounces
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 eggs large
- 2 large, ripe bananas mashed with fork
- ½ cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, mix together cake mix, yogurt, eggs, bananas and milk until just combined. Fold in walnuts. Using ¼ cup measuring cup, pour into muffin tins coated with cooking spray. Bake for about 25 minutes or until center of muffin tests clean with toothpick.
- Let cool for 5 minutes in pan on wire rack. Remove muffins from pan, cool completely. If desired, sprinkle ½ teaspoon of powdered sugar over each muffin before serving.
Enjoy with a glass of milk or a latte for extra bone-building nutrition.